Montana Import Requirements
Click to find out your State's import requirements.
Most imports require a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) and an import permit number. Please select the species you are importing to find out about specific import requirements.
Import Permit Numbers
MONTANA ORIGIN ANIMALS NO LONGER REQUIRE RE-ENTRY PERMITS.
- Permit Line: 406-444-2976
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday-Friday (8am-4:30pm)
- Subject line “permit request”
- For Canadian origin cattle permits, please email all import documentation to the above email in order to obtain a permit number, permits for Canadian origin cattle cannot be issued over the phone.
Effective April 1st Certificates of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) issued using electronic systems do NOT require an import permit. These electronic systems include Global Vet Link, Agmove, VetSentry, VSPS, Fillable PDF, electronic Idaho CVI, electronic Oregon CVI and MyVetTech.
- Bovine Semen Import(Domestic) (Coming Soon)
- Bovine Semen Import(International) (Coming Soon)
For importation of Bighorn Sheep, Dall Sheep, Desert Sheep, Rocky Mountain Goats, Antelope, Caribou, Deer, Elk, Fallow Deer, Muntjacs, Reindeer, and Musk Ox, please contact the import office at 406-444-9525.
Dogs, Cats and Ferrets over the age of 3 months that are traveling with their owner, are not changing ownership, and are not for breeding purposes.
Required: Proof of rabies vaccination
Sugar Gliders and Hedge Hogs - No import permit required.
For more information please contact Fish, Wildlife, and Parks at 406-444-2535.