Montana Import Requirements
Click to find out your State's import requirements.
Most imports require a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI) and an import permit number. Please select the species you are importing to find out about specific import requirements.
Import Permit Numbers
MONTANA ORIGIN ANIMALS NO LONGER REQUIRE RE-ENTRY PERMITS.
- Permit Line: 406-444-2976
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday-Friday (8am-4:30pm)
- Subject line “permit request”
- Fax: 406-444-1929
- Effective March 23rd, 2020: To ensure the safety of our staff, employees will no longer be in the office to receive faxes. All inquiries for Canadian cattle and domestic bison permits should be sent directly to email@example.com.
*EFFECTIVE MARCH 1ST: CERTIFICATES OF VETERINARY INSPECTION (CVI) ISSUED USING ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS GLOBAL VET LINK, AND AGVIEW DO NOT REQUIRE IMPORT PERMIT NUMBERS.
- Bovine Semen Import(Domestic) (Coming Soon)
- Bovine Semen Import(International) (Coming Soon)
For importation of Bighorn Sheep, Dall Sheep, Desert Sheep, Rocky Mountain Goats, Antelope, Caribou, Deer, Elk, Fallow Deer, Muntjacs, Reindeer, and Musk Ox, please contact the import office at 406-444-9525.
Dogs, Cats and Ferrets over the age of 3 months that are traveling with their owner, are not changing ownership, and are not for breeding purposes.
Required: Proof of rabies vaccination
Sugar Gliders and Hedge Hogs - No import permit required.
For more information please contact Fish, Wildlife, and Parks at 406-444-2535.