Animal Health Additional Links
List of links that may be helpful.
Administrative Rules of Montana
Administrative Rules of Montana for the Department of Livestock
Montana Code Annotated
Montana Code Annotated for the Department of Livestock
National Animal Health Reporting System (NAHRS)
- NAHRS Operating Manual (PDF) - The NAHRS operating manual. Within the manual (in pdf format) are reporting criteria for each of the diseases is listed on pages 23-39 of the manual.
Office International des Epizooties - The OIE is an intergovernmental organization that disseminates information about animal diseases and publishes health standards.
- OIE Technical Disease Cards - Technical disease cards covering basic technical etiology information, epidemiology, diagnosis, prevention, and treatment.
- OIE 2004 Manual of Diagnostic Tests and Vaccines for Terrestrial Animals
- OIE Reportable Diseases – A list of the diseases reportable to the OIE.
USDA APHIS – The USDA-Animal & Plant Health Inspection Service is responsible for protecting and promoting U.S. agricultural health, administering the Animal Welfare Act, and carrying out wildlife damage management activities.
- USDA-APHIS Veterinary Services - USDA APHIS Veterinary Services works to prevent, control and/or eliminate animal diseases, and monitor and promote animal health and productivity.
- USDA-APHIS Animal Import Regulations – Import regulations for U.S. states and territories.
- USDA-APHIS International Animal Import & Export Regulations
United States Animal Health Association – The USAHA works to control livestock diseases in the United States. It represents all 50 states, 7 foreign countries and 18 allied groups serving health, technical and consumer markets.