Ratite Import Requirements
Ostrich, Rhea, and Emu
Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI)
- A single negative test within 30 prior to entry, OR
- Originate from a NPIP certified flock, OR
- Be consigned directly to slaughter.
- The name of the slaughter establishment must be listed on the CVI
- “For Slaughter Only” must be printed on the CVI
Must originate in flocks or be distributed from hatcheries or premises participating in the National Poultry Improvement Plan(NPIP), or operating under supervision of the Poultry Disease Control Authority of the state of origin & classified Pullorum-Typhoid clean.