Camelid Import Requirements
(Alpacas, Camels, Guanacos, Llamas, Vicunas)
Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI)
One negative test within in 30 days prior to importation on all sexually intact camelids except nursing young accompanied by a test negative dam.
Animals originating from a TB Accredited Free or a TB Modified Accredited Advanced State or Zone:
- TB test (negative axillary test) required within 60 days prior to importation for all sexually intact camelids 2 months of age and older.
Animals originating from TB Modified Accredited States or zones:
- Two TB tests (negative) required on all sexually intact animals 2 months of and older 60-120 days apart. The second TB test must be within 60 days prior to importation; OR
- TB test (negative) on all sexually intact animals 2 months of age and older within 60 days prior to importation AND must originate directly from a herd that has been TB tested in its entirety within the last 12 months; OR
- TB test (negative) on all animals 2 months of age and older within 60 days prior to importation AND must originate directly from a USDA-APHIS-VS Accredited TB-Free herd. The herd accreditation number and date of entire herd test must be included on the CVI.
- Animals less than 2 months of age will be quarantined and tested between 2 and 4 months of age.
Official individual ID required (official USDA ear tag, registration tattoo, or microchip). Individual official identification must be listed on the CVI.