Animal HealthAnimal Health FormsEquine Six Month Permit

Animal Health Special Permits, Licenses, & Forms

These forms are provided for you to complete and return to our office at one of the following:

Mail: Department of Livestock          e-mail:          Fax: 406-444-1929
        PO Box 202001
        Helena, MT 59620-2001

  • Online payments are now accepted by using the button at the top of the page.
  • Payments may be made via check or money order. PLEASE DO NOT SEND CASH!
  • The fees for these permits, licenses, and certifications are in accordance with Administrative Rule of Montana (ARM) 32.2.401
  • An application is required for each permit, license, or certification.  Application and fee must both be received before your permit or license will be issued.
  • Equine Six (6) Month Preauthorization Permit     

The equine 6 month passport allows equine to travel between Montana, Idaho, Washington and Oregon for 6 months on a single 6 month health certificate.

Other requirements to travel on a 6 month passport:

A 6 month passport health certificate from an accredited veterinarian

Lifetime brand inspection for each equine

An EIA/Coggins test that will be valid for 6 months from the draw date

Owner must call within 10 days prior to travel into Montana to obtain a 10-day entry permit for each trip. 

SPECIAL PERMITS - These permits provide additional flexibility beyond the standard 10-day permit.